04 April 2018
The Chamberlain Ranger Station Historic District, also known as the Chamberlain Guard Station, is located in the Frank Church-River of No Return Wilderness within Payette National Forest in Idaho County, Idaho. It was listed on the National Register of Historic Places in 2004. The listing was for a 100 acres (40 ha) area which included four contributing buildings and two contributing sites. The station's residence was built during 1937 to 1938. It is a one-and-a-half-story 28 by 33 feet (8.5 m × 10.1 m) log building on a concrete and rock masonry foundation, based on a USFS Standard Plan model R-4 #53-c. Its walls are peeled lodgepole pine logs from trees cut on the site. Its corners are saddle-notched. Other structures include one built during the first decade of the 20th century, moved to the site in 1954, and another built c.1921.